Bora Bora is a small island located in French Polynesia in the Pacific Ocean. It is renowned for its turquoise lagoon, stunning coral reefs, and overwater bungalows, making it a dream destination for many travelers. However, the question that lingers on many people’s minds is how much is a trip to Bora Bora going to cost them. The cost of a trip to Bora Bora varies based on factors such as season, accommodation, activities, and transportation, among others. In this article, we’ll dive into the costs associated with planning a trip to Bora Bora and provide a comprehensive guide on how much a trip to Bora Bora will cost you.
Accommodation Costs for a Trip to Bora Bora
Accommodation costs in Bora Bora are the most significant expenses in a traveler’s budget. Bora Bora is renowned for its overwater bungalows that offer breathtaking views of the island’s crystal-clear lagoons. The cost of an overwater bungalow varies based on the resort and the bungalow’s location. The average price of an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora ranges from $500 to $2000 per night. For budget travelers, the island also has several hotels and guesthouses that offer more affordable accommodation options.
Transportation Costs for a Trip to Bora Bora
Getting to Bora Bora is not cheap. Since the island is situated in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, the only way to reach it is by air or sea. The most convenient way to get to Bora Bora is by taking a flight from Papeete, Tahiti’s capital city, which can cost between $400 to $1000 per person, depending on the season and the airline.
Food and Drink Costs for a Trip to Bora Bora
Bora Bora has several restaurants that serve local and international cuisines. The cost of food and drink varies based on the restaurant’s location and menu. The average cost of a meal in Bora Bora is between $20 to $50 per person, and a drink can cost anywhere between $5 to $15.
Activities Costs for a Trip to Bora Bora
Bora Bora is renowned for its pristine beaches, crystal-clear lagoons, and coral reefs. The island offers a range of activities that include water sports, island tours, and cultural experiences. The cost of these activities varies based on the type of activity and the tour operator. For instance, a jet ski tour can cost between $100 to $200 per person, and a snorkeling tour can cost between $50 to $150 per person.
Seasonal Costs for a Trip to Bora Bora
The cost of a trip to Bora Bora is affected by the season in which you plan to travel. The peak season in Bora Bora is from June to August, and during this time, the island is crowded, and the prices of accommodation and activities are high. The low season, which is from November to April, is the best time to visit Bora Bora as the prices are more affordable, and the island is less crowded.
All-Inclusive Trip to Bora Bora
A trip to Bora Bora all-inclusive cost can be a more affordable option for travelers. Most resorts on the island offer all-inclusive packages that cover accommodation, meals, drinks, and activities. The cost of an all-inclusive package varies based on the resort and the season. On average, an all-inclusive package for a week can cost between $5,000 to $15,000 per person.
Also, read | How Much Does Europe Trip Cost?
How Much Is a Trip to Bora Bora for a Week?
The cost of a trip to Bora Bora for a week varies based on factors such as accommodation, transportation, food and drink, and activities. On average, a trip to Bora Bora for a week can cost between $5,000 to $15,000 per person. However, the cost can be higher or lower depending on the season, the type of accommodation, and the activities you choose to participate in.
How Much Does a Trip to Bora Bora Cost for 2?
A trip to Bora Bora for two people can cost between $10,000 to $30,000, depending on the type of accommodation and the activities chosen. All-inclusive packages can be a more affordable option for couples, but it’s important to check the package’s inclusions and exclusions before booking to avoid any surprises.
Tips to Save Money on a Trip to Bora Bora
Although Bora Bora is a luxury destination, there are
. Here are some tips:
- Travel during the low season to take advantage of lower prices.
- Book your accommodation and flights in advance to get better deals.
- Stay in a hotel or guesthouse instead of an overwater bungalow.
- Participate in free or low-cost activities such as hiking or visiting the island’s cultural centers.
- Look for all-inclusive packages that include meals, drinks, and activities.
When is the Best Time To Visit Bora Bora?
The best time to visit Bora Bora is from May to October, which is the low season on the island. During this time, the island is less crowded and prices are lower. The peak season lasts from November to April and during this period, prices tend to be higher, and the island can be crowded with tourists. It’s important to take into account your budget and preferences when deciding when to visit Bora Bora. No matter what time of year you choose to go, a trip to Bora Bora will be an unforgettable experience! With its pristine beaches, crystal-clear lagoons, and coral reefs, it’s no wonder why so many people flock here each year. Despite the high costs, Bora Bora is worth every penny!
Top Things to Do in Bora Bora
Bora Bora is a stunningly beautiful island located in the South Pacific Ocean, just northwest of Tahiti. It’s known for its breathtaking beaches, crystal-clear lagoons, and coral reefs. Whether you’re looking for an adventurous vacation or a relaxing getaway, there are plenty of activities to enjoy in Bora Bora.
Here are some of our top picks to do in Bora Bora:
1. Take a Jet Ski Tour: Jet skiing around the stunning turquoise lagoons and white sand beaches of Bora Bora is an unforgettable experience. There are a variety of tour operators offering guided jet ski tours around the island, giving you an opportunity to explore areas that you might not see otherwise. Plus, it’s a great way to get an adrenaline rush while taking in the breathtaking views!
2. Go Snorkeling at Coral Gardens: Bora Bora’s coral reef is home to an incredible array of marine life, making it one of the best places for snorkeling in the world. The Coral Gardens are located on the southern side of the island and offer some of the best snorkeling opportunities, with crystal-clear waters and vibrant coral formations that make for a mesmerizing underwater experience.
3. Visit Mount Otemanu: Mount Otemanu is one of Bora Bora’s most iconic landmarks and offers spectacular views from its summit. A trek up this lush mountain is both challenging and rewarding, as you will be greeted with panoramic views of both oceanic and terrestrial landscapes once you reach the top! It’s also a great place to watch sunsets over beautiful blue waters.
4. Swim in Matira Beach: Matira Beach is known as one of the most beautiful beaches in all of French Polynesia and it’s no wonder why! With its powdery white sand, crystal-clear lagoon waters, and stunning backdrop of Mount Otemanu – swimming here is an absolute must-do! There are even restaurants right on the beach so you can enjoy a delicious meal after your swim or sunset stroll along its shoreline.
5. Participate in Cultural Experiences: Exploring Bora Bora’s culture is just as important as its physical beauty! Visit small villages scattered throughout the island to learn more about their traditions, sample local cuisine, try handmade crafts, visit archaeological sites, and discover legends about this enchanting island!
Also, read | How much does a trip to Europe cost?
Things to Pack on a Bora Bora Vacation
When preparing for a trip to Bora Bora, it’s important to pack the right items to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Here are some essential items to consider packing:
- Swimwear: Bora Bora is known for its beautiful beaches and crystal-clear waters, so it’s essential to pack plenty of swimwear. Consider packing a few different options to suit different activities, such as snorkeling or kayaking.
- Sunscreen: The sun can be intense in Bora Bora, so be sure to pack plenty of sunscreen with a high SPF rating. This will protect your skin from sunburn and other damage caused by UV rays.
- Insect repellent: Mosquitoes and other biting insects can be a nuisance in Bora Bora, especially during the rainy season. Be sure to pack insect repellent to avoid getting bitten.
- Lightweight clothing: Bora Bora has a warm and humid climate, so it’s important to pack lightweight and breathable clothing. Opt for loose-fitting items made from natural fibers, such as cotton or linen.
- Hiking shoes: If you plan to explore the island’s interior or hike to the summit of Mount Otemanu, be sure to pack sturdy and comfortable hiking shoes.
- Underwater camera: Bora Bora is home to some of the most stunning coral reefs and marine life in the world, so don’t forget to pack an underwater camera to capture your snorkeling and diving adventures.
- Portable charger: To ensure that your phone, camera, and other electronic devices are always charged and ready to use, pack a portable charger.
- Hat and sunglasses: Protect your face and eyes from the sun’s glare by packing a wide-brimmed hat and a pair of sunglasses.
- Light rain jacket: While Bora Bora is known for its sunny weather, it’s still important to pack a lightweight rain jacket in case of sudden rain showers.
- Travel adapter: Bora Bora uses French Polynesia’s electrical system, which is different from most other countries. Be sure to pack a travel adapter to ensure that you can charge your devices.
In summary, packing the right items is crucial for a comfortable and enjoyable trip to Bora Bora. Be sure to pack swimwear, sunscreen, insect repellent, lightweight clothing, hiking shoes, an underwater camera, a portable charger, a hat, and sunglasses, a light rain jacket, and a travel adapter. With these essential items, you’ll be ready to make the most of your trip to this beautiful island paradise.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cheapest time to go to Bora Bora?
The cheapest time to go to Bora Bora is during the low season, which is from November to April.
How much is a trip to Bora Bora all-inclusive cost?
The cost of a Bora Bora all-inclusive trip can vary depending on the type of accommodation, activities, and other factors. Generally speaking, a one-week stay at an all-inclusive resort in Bora Bora can cost around $4,000 per person.
How much money should I budget for a trip to Bora Bora?
The amount of money you should budget for a trip to Bora Bora depends on your travel style and preferences. On average, a trip to Bora Bora for a week can cost between $5,000 to $15,000 per person.
Are there any affordable accommodation options in Bora Bora?
Yes, Bora Bora has several hotels and guesthouses that offer more affordable accommodation options than the overwater bungalows.
Are all-inclusive packages worth it in Bora Bora?
All-inclusive packages can be a cost-effective option for travelers who want to enjoy everything the island has to offer without worrying about overspending. However, it’s important to check the package’s inclusions and exclusions before booking.
What are some free or low-cost activities to do in Bora Bora?
Some free or low-cost activities to do in Bora Bora include hiking, visiting the island’s cultural centers, and enjoying the beaches.
Final Thoughts on How Much Would a Trip to Bora Bora Cost
A trip to Bora Bora is a dream destination for many travelers. However, the cost of a trip to Bora Bora can be a significant expense. The cost of a trip to Bora Bora varies based on factors such as season, accommodation, activities, and transportation. It is essential to plan and budget accordingly to avoid overspending.
Remember that while Bora Bora may be a luxury destination, there are ways to save money without compromising on the quality of your trip. By following some of the tips we’ve outlined in this article, such as traveling during the low season and looking for all-inclusive packages, you can enjoy all that this beautiful island has to offer without breaking the bank.
Also, read | How to Make an Itinerary for a Trip