Are you taking a road trip with your teenager this summer? If so, you’ll want to make sure that you pack plenty of activities for them to keep themselves busy. Road trips can be long and boring, especially for teenagers. However, if you plan ahead and pack the right things, they can be a lot of fun! In this article, we will discuss some of the best things to do on a car trip for a teenager.
Also, Read | Fun Things to Do on a Road Trip With Family
Best Things to Do on a Car Trip for a Teenager
Taking a road trip during your teenage years can be a great bonding experience and a chance to create lasting memories. However, it’s important to keep your teenager entertained and engaged during the trip to ensure that it’s a positive experience for everyone.
Here are some things that your teenager can do on a car trip to pass the time and have fun:
- Play car games: There are countless car games that can be played to pass the time on a long car trip. Some classic options include the license plate game, the alphabet game, and “I Spy.” You can also create your own car games or search online for more ideas.
- Listen to music: Music is a great way to pass the time on a car trip, and your teenager can create a playlist of their favorite songs to play during the trip. If you have a smartphone or tablet, you can also use music streaming services like Spotify or Apple Music to access a wide range of music.
- Watch movies or TV shows: If you have a portable DVD player or a device with a streaming service, your teenager can watch movies or TV shows during the car trip. This can be a great way to pass the time and keep them entertained.
- Play handheld video games: Handheld video game systems like the Nintendo Switch or a PlayStation Vita can be a great way for your teenager to pass the time on a car trip. Just make sure that they take breaks from the screens and stretch their legs when you stop for breaks.
- Read a book: Encourage your teenager to bring along a book or e-reader to read during the car trip. This can be a great way for them to pass the time and engage their mind in something other than screens.
- Write in a journal: Encourage your teenager to bring along a journal and write about their thoughts and experiences during the car trip. This can be a great way for them to reflect on the trip and document their memories.
- Listen to podcasts: Podcasts are a great way for your teenager to learn about new topics and stay entertained during the car trip. There are podcasts on just about every topic imaginable, so you’re sure to find something that your teenager will enjoy.
- Play card games: Card games are a classic way to pass the time on a car trip, and they don’t require any electronic devices. Some options to consider include Go Fish, Spades, and Crazy Eights.
- Have a conversation: Encourage your teenager to engage in conversations with you and any other passengers during the car trip. This can be a great way to bond and get to know each other better.
- Take breaks and stretch your legs: It’s important to take breaks during a long car trip to stretch your legs and give your eyes a break from screens. Plan to stop at rest areas or scenic viewpoints along the way to allow your teenager to get out of the car and explore.
Also, Read | Things to Do in the Car on a Road Trip
What to Pack in a Carry-on for a Teenager
As a teenager, packing for a trip can be both exciting and overwhelming. It’s important to pack the essentials, but you don’t want to overpack and end up lugging around a heavy suitcase. A carry-on bag is a great option for a teenager because it allows you to bring everything you need without the hassle of checking a bag. Here are some things to consider packing in a carry-on bag for a teenager:
- Travel documents: Make sure to bring your passport, ID, and any other travel documents you may need for your trip. It’s also a good idea to make copies of these documents in case they get lost or stolen.
- Medications: If you take any prescription medications, make sure to pack them in your carry-on bag. It’s also a good idea to bring along any over-the-counter medications you may need, such as pain relievers or allergy medicine.
- Electronics: Bring along any electronic devices you may need, such as a smartphone, laptop, or e-reader. Don’t forget to pack chargers and any other necessary cords as well.
- Entertainment: Pack some items to keep you entertained during the trip, such as books, magazines, or a deck of cards. You can also bring along headphones or earbuds to listen to music or watch movies on your electronic devices.
- Snacks: Pack some snacks to munch on during the trip, such as granola bars, nuts, or fruit. This can help you save money and avoid getting hungry between meals.
- Clothing: Pack enough clothing for the duration of your trip, but try to limit yourself to just a few outfits. Make sure to pack clothes that are versatile and can be mixed and matched. Also, don’t forget to pack comfortable shoes for any sightseeing or activities you have planned.
- Toiletries: Pack a small toiletry bag with essentials such as toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, and conditioner. It’s also a good idea to bring along any skincare or makeup products you may need.
- Other miscellaneous items: Consider packing a small first aid kit, a flashlight, and a multi-purpose tool such as a Swiss Army knife. You may also want to bring along a small bag or backpack to carry your belongings during the day.
Overall, the key to packing a carry-on bag as a teenager is to bring the essentials and limit yourself to just a few items. By packing smart and being prepared, you can ensure that you have everything you need for a smooth and enjoyable trip. With a bit of planning and preparation, you can make the most out of your car trip!
Also, Read | Tips for a Long Road Trip